2/1/11

Tuesday Book Review

amazon.com
I really want to get back into book review Tuesdays but it's hard. I've been reading books, but half of them are brain candy. I've been reading Pere Goriot for a few months now, and I really enjoy it, but I've been having to put it down and tear through some crappy mystery novels every now and then. 


I did read a book I thought was really good a couple weeks ago. It is a brain candy novel, but I loved it. It was dirty and ugly and dark, but slightly epic. It borrowed the plot from Count of Monte Cristo, but with a female lead and set in the 30s-50s. My favorite time period. It was called Belladonna. It sucked me in. I kind of want to find the other book the author wrote and see if it was as good. Belladonna was a bit kinky, so not for the uptight. I guess it was basically an engrossing beach read. So yeah, check it out if you're in the mood for that sort of thing. 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment