2/18/11

DIY Friday: Banana Bread

This past weekend we had a potluck at church as a sort of belated welcome for the new pastor. I made my world famous banana bread and figured I'd share the recipe with you guys.

Granted, I figured this out about halfway through mixing it, but its not that complicated, I'm sure you can figure out without pictures, right?

I just wing it normally, but for posterity here's a sorta recipe:
* Note: I doubled this recipe for banana bread pictured.

Tiffany's Fantastically Wonderful Banana Bread
4 ripe bananas
1/3 c melted butter
1 egg, beaten
3/4 c sugar
1 tbl vanilla
Cinnamon (this particular batch probably wound up with 1.5 tbl maybe)
1 tsp baking soda
1 pinch salt
1.5 c flour
nuts if you so desire (some people are allergic so I didn't include any this time.)


Preheat oven to 350.

Mash bananas in a bowl. I use a potato masher. 

Mix in the butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla. 


Sprinkle cinnamon over the top until it looks good to you. Then sprinkle in salt and soda. 

Mix in the flour last. 
Fun fact: My mom owns a sifter. I love sifting flour when I bake. IDK why. Theraputic I guess. I hated having to do it waaaaay back in Home-ec in middle school, but I can't get enough now. Weird!


Put mix in whatever baking pan you want. I don't like to use legit bread pans because then it takes FORever to bake. 


Place it in the oven and wait for it to bake. This one took about 45 minutes. Under normal circumstances you want it to be lightly brown. Gooey in the middle is not kosher. If you bake the normal amount in a square pan it takes like 30 minutes. 

Take it out of the oven. Let it cool. Butter it and chow down. 

Delicious! 

I chose this picture because of the orb in the upper left there. Normally this guy haunts my brother. I guess he wanted to be in my blog so he was monitoring my banana bread experience. 
Yes, in my free time I am an amateur ghost hunter. 



This particular batch had a lot of cinnamon in it which I love, but is not for everyone, I know. For example my brother, but who can blame him after going through this: 
Yeah, teenage boys are still idiots. You've gotta love them though (only because they're related to you)


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment