3/14/11

Music Monday

I thought that Neutral Milk Hotel was a one and done and was going to do a feature on one album wonder bands but in my research I discovered they have other stuff that I must hunt down asap.



That being said, this feature will be on the fantastically-wonderful, so-sad-they-are-no-longer-putting-out-music Neutral Milk Hotel. Yes, I know you could say the Decemberists sound a lot like them, and I see where you could get that, but there's just something about Jeff Mangum's voice combined with the way they play their instruments that does things to me. I can't describe it, its just magic. I don't know if it has something to do with the first time I heard them or that his lyrics paint incredibly colorful pictures, but listening to Aeroplane puts me in good head space. The lyrics aren't always the happiest but they're incredibly real and I can respect that.



I'm not trying to knock the Decemberists at all. They are very good too and will have their place in the sun on here sometime soon. I need to get their new album and see what I think of it, I've heard mixed reviews. I'm pretty stoked I'll see them at Bonnaroo this year!

Back to NMH though. I think I could honestly put Aeroplane Over the Sea in my top 12. Its that good. If you haven't heard it, you absolutely must! I don't know what else I could say, just listen to them and let the music speak for itself.




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment