3/25/11

DIY Friday: Peanut Sauce


I like Stir Fry. A lot. Its pretty healthy and really yummy. I was bored with just the soy sauce or hoisen sauce on it so I decided to try a peanut sauce. Its made with peanut butter & I think it turned out completely delicious. 

I found the recipe through All Recipes but improvised a smidge.

1/3 c hot water
2/3 c peanut butter
1/3 c soy sauce
2 tbl lemon juice
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 c light corn syrup
1/4 c dry sherry


Honestly? Who has sherry? I don't think I've ever tried the stuff. Maybe I should someday but I left it out of my version, and it was fine. We also didn't have any cayenne pepper, but we did have this stuff called Hot Shot, which is awesome, you should definitely get some, and I think it was an adequate substitute. 



You just take all your ingredients and mix them together and then spoon the mixture over whatever you're eating with it. So tasty! I guess if you had this with tofu or just veggies it would be completely vegan too. Bonus! 


All my diys are food. I need to figure out some crafts that are complicated enough to need a tutorial. Hrm. 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment