1/27/11

Thrifty Thursday

Ohmygosh, I looooove thrifting. It is seriously one of my favorite hobbies. I'm truly truly hoping to make a career of it this year. Its like treasure hunting. I love finding awesome vintage pieces and other off the wall amazingness in amongst all the stuff people donate. Thrifting is very good for the environment and incredibly economical. I can't get enough of it.

When I was in Georgia this summer, there was only a Goodwill and tiny thrift store downtown to pick through. I did manage to get some lovely dresses and knick knacks there, but nothing compares to the thrifting in Bradenton. We went to a Goodwill there that was HUMONGOUS. Seriously the size of a Walmart or something. And there was this little Hope Chest thrift store walking distance from the house, that I got some cute stuff from. When I got back to Fort Myers, I was disappointed with the selection at my favorite ones, but last time I went around they were getting better.

1st.

I scored these beautiful hair comb thingies at the Hope Chest Thrift Store. That place is completly amazing. I find the best stuff there. The were only $0.99!




2nd.



The bowtie, not the kid. Lo loves wearing ties to church on Sunday, so every week we have to get him a new one. I scored this one at the Hope Chest and it was only $0.99 too.





3rd.



Roller Skates! I've never learned to skate. I'm hoping to remedy that this year. I so want to roller derby. I got these for $4.00, they were 50% off.






4th.



This sweater shirt thing. It's not so amazing but I've been wearing it a lot lately. It's soft and comfy and I love grey. Best of all, it was only $0.25 but brand new with tags still on!




xo!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment