12/24/10

Carton Reindeer Tutorial


Okay, I wanted to do a Christmas tute so here is something Log and I made this morning. 


My mom had originally made this little Rudolf a couple years ago.

We had a juice carton and a goldfish carton lying around so we decided Rudy needed a mom and dad.
What you will need:

carton(s)
brown paper bag or other paper
glue
googly eyes and other decorations
sticks for antlers (not pictured)

1.  Make sure cartons are cleaned out and dry. You might want to put rocks or sand in the cartons to make your reindeer more stable. I forgot, but I don't know if it's really that big of a deal. Make sure tops are sealed shut. Deconstruct paper bag so that you can wrap it around the carton. 

2. Wrap carton. I used glue to make sure it stays wrapped for a while. I didn't have another paper bag for the bigger carton so I used tissue paper to wrap it. I do not recommend using tissue paper because it is very thin. I taped the tissue papered box so that it wouldn't be so messy looking. 

3.  At this point we let the cartons dry and went outside to find antlers.

4.  Poke holes in the top backside of the carton for the sticks to fit through. 



*Fun fact: Reindeer are the only deer where both males and females have antlers. 

5.  Glue on googly eyes. I used hot glue because I think it holds better for these things. 

6. Finish decorating your reindeer. Draw on a smile. Enjoy! 




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment